Re: better terminology to promote freedom

From: Leah Rowe
Subject: Re: better terminology to promote freedom
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2022 11:09:01 +0000

Hi everyone,

The other day, I proposed the term "freedom software" as a less
ambiguous way to say "free software".

I've heard people's comments and criticisms about this, and I've
decided: I will not use it.

Instead, I will try to say "libre software" more often than "free
software". I will continue to say "proprietary software" when referring
to non-libre software.

I may say "freedom-respecting software", sometimes.

I wish to avoid confusion among new people, so I will avoid the term
"free software".

Thank you everyone for your comments.

~Leah