Re: very specific project proposal Re: What does Elon Musk say about fre

From: p_newsletters/libreplanet
Subject: Re: very specific project proposal Re: What does Elon Musk say about free software?
Date: Thu, 12 May 2022 19:21:44 +0000

I somewhat agree with Thomas.

I myself have been interested about freedom of software almost 15 years. This
interests me a lot and I found myself numerous times spending plenty of hours
in fsf.org just going deep in the rabbit hole. However, this can't be expected
from a "non-tech" user, a.k.a the large part of the population, who indeed
they'd be interested about regaining freedom but are greeted with a
comprehensive and overwhelming amount of info.

I talk about fs to many of my peers and then I refer them to fsf.org to learn
more. The result, lack of engagement and retention from my peers with the site.
To me this isn't a problem of the user.

My take is that, fsf.org conveys a lot of info, but not effectively. Less is
more, even in the education field. Notice that I am not suggesting deleting
info, but better summarize and display.

I think fsf.org could benefit from better UX design.

In contradiction with my text, for me the fsf's page is great. But again, I am
a tech-interested person and don't represent the larger amount of internet
users.