Re: very specific project proposal Re: What does Elon Musk say about fre

From: Yasuaki Kudo
Subject: Re: very specific project proposal Re: What does Elon Musk say about free software?
Date: Thu, 12 May 2022 07:42:46 +0900

   Oh man, I am so inspired to do this thing that I have been proposing
   for some time, including most recent discussions with friends around
   me!

   Together, we can start to compile a Free Software collection for the
   New (Ultimately Non-Exchanged-Based) Economy based on Commons.

   [1]https://youtu.be/i3jeKros4Yk

   Around 3:20 time mark, Friede, an economist, mentions the Free Software
   model.

   In more practical terms, I am trying to create with collaborators a
   Software Distribution (my personal preference would be as a GNU Guix
   channel) for worker cooperatives (companies based on one-worker-one
   vote instead of one-share-one-vote) that will include:

   - Free Software specifically written for the cooperatives. (say, a
   shared application framework) This could be just a pointer, instead of
   outright inclusion of code, as done in Guix/Nix

   - Knowhow documents

   -  'Business directory' for worker cooperatives

   - Integration tests for components that worker cooperatives wish to
   combine

   - Regular Office Hours for co-education and knowhow exchange

   Currently, many worker cooperatives in the ICT sector take software
   development contracts that may go like - "Hiring a developer with
   Experience in React and MonoDB"...   This kind of contract is solely
   based on monetary exchange and it does not add much to the Commons
   other than just applying some open source software (almost in forms
   only and not in spirit)

   Instead, what we want to do is to develop a whole array of expertise in
   which the cooperative take the center stage - anyone who likes the
   system in this ecosystem will say, this Free Software system comes from
   that circle of worker cooperatives, let's hire someone from there!

   Another video clip I would like to share, around 17:00 mark
   [2]https://youtu.be/Hpdd97teGhM

   If you are also inspired, let's work together!

   -Yasu