Re: very specific project proposal Re: What does Elon Musk say about fre

From: Paul Sutton
Subject: Re: very specific project proposal Re: What does Elon Musk say about free software?
Date: Tue, 3 May 2022 11:48:34 +0100

Hi

The course mentioned below looks really good, thanks, never heard of COQ though, so the issue we may face is this isn't a mainstream language such as Python, so why teach / promote it. The point that misses is that the course is designed to teach functional programming as a skill, that can be transferred.

What we need are people who we can teach, or at least help to learn, there are people out there, but really difficult to reach out to.

Peer learning is a really good thing, and it may be the way we need to go, as I can't see local providers changing from teaching windows, msoffice, and mainstream social media.

Different courses also suit different people, so it is easy to be put off when struggling, but moving to a different course provider can make a difference, much easier if you follow a free route via coursera and decide that udemy can teach the same material in a way that better fits your style of learning.

Not everyone wants formal education, but learning informally can lead to a very high level of understanding.

Paul