Re: very specific project proposal Re: What does Elon Musk say about fre

From: Yasuaki Kudo
Subject: Re: very specific project proposal Re: What does Elon Musk say about free software?
Date: Mon, 2 May 2022 18:08:14 +0900

> Is there some kind of hours-long technical glitch or am I now
> being silently censored from the libreplanet-discuss mailing list?

Not sure😅 , it seems a little delayed, nevertheless:

Although I really don't understand mastodon, your comment:
>> AHA!  That can be assembled out of Mastodon with few or no
>> changes -- mostly just by using it wisely.

is close to what I am thinking.

It is neither the lack of money, time, whatever else. We can manage these if we
are creative enough - what is lacking is the understanding this is mostly in
our minds - if we so decide, we can make drastic changes.

I am a little inspired to 'hype up' something like the Digital Wild West.  The
world is probably ripe for a radical overhaul to empower the people and
dismantle the unaccountable 'powers' that be, and the starting point will be
probably digital.  Just like all manufacturing businesses and even science now
use computer simulations as the primary tool of development, our new economy
will be bootstrapped with computers first, where ideas emerge and flow freely
among the people who are all equals to each other.

This way, we don't have to quit our jobs or do anything radical and risky, and
safely craft the new world from the comfort (or discomfort 😅) of where we are
now.

Free Software, open protocols and all the rest can be at the core of this
endeavor and twitter 'replacement' or something much better will be a worthy
project 😄

-Yasu