Re: [Mldonkey-users] Investigation: No download for some, full download

From: Pierre Etchemaite
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Investigation: No download for some, full downloads for the other
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2002 17:28:33 +0100

Le Tue, 24 Dec 2002 11:24:46 +0100, MLdonkey <address@hidden> a écrit
:

> No, this is only for incoming connections from downloaders. But a lot
> of users are still Low-ID, and you can directly connect to them.
                                   s/can/can't/

> [LowID mecanism explained]

> But Simon is in holidays now, so we will all have to wait for a week for
> this to be implemented, unless some volunteer send a patch ...

Well, I wrote a patch, I guess something much "tighter" could be written if
we kept track of those LowIDs, but I'll be away from keyboard for few days
too, so it will have to wait :)

http://concept.free.free.fr/mldonkey/patches-against-CVS2.02/query_unknown_indirects.patch

Also in the same directory:

boot_time_is_redundant.patch: just found the start_time variable :)

unschedule_incoming_peers.patch: when a scheduled peer connects to us,
connection_try and connection_ok are called to update the timers, but the
client may stay scheduled. This is fixed, so the number of connections
between two peers should be decreased (the frequency of connections should
adapt to the "faster" of the two peers).

waiting_queries_late_filtering.patch: already discussed here,
paused or file_enough_sources are filtered from server_waiting_queries
lists only when dequeing, so searches can restart faster if file is unpaused
or file_enough_sources becomes false.

Happy Holidays,
Pierre.