[Mldonkey-users] Traffic shaping

From: Sergio Bayarri Gausi
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Traffic shaping
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2002 20:57:01 +0100 (MET)

Hello,

I started to play with traffic shaping (Wonder Shaper script) this
evening.

I'm on a DSL line (256/128) and I tried the values suggested by Pierre (7%
lower than my link, that's 238/119) but I didn't notice better responde
times on the web or ssh.

So I tried half the bandwith (as the Wonder Shaper documentation
suggested), that's 128/64 and now I can surf the web and interact on a ssh
session (from which I'm writing this ;)

However, this limits a lot my download capabilities, if I try to download
a big file (wget kernel 2.5.53, for example ;) the download rate is quite
small (about 7k) when I should be able to get about 20k. MLDonkey stops to
download anything a few minutes after the script is executed.

I'd like to know what values do people in this list use in the Wonder
Shaper scripts. If someone knows if I'm doing something wrong, I'd
appreciate any hints ;)