Re: [Mldonkey-users] Investigation: No download for some, full download

From: Fabian Henrici
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Investigation: No download for some, full downloads for the other
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2002 00:03:03 +0100

Pierre Etchemaite wrote:
Le Sun, 22 Dec 2002 18:36:50 +0100, Fabian Henrici <address@hidden> a
écrit :

mld seems to stop looking for sources when max_sources_per_file is reached but not to start again looking when sources go bad and get dropped and source count gets too low again.

What about not filtering server_waiting_queries lists when they're refilled?
After all, they will be filtered when they're dequeued...

That should lower mldonkey "inertia" when searching is needed again. That
may even require less memory because, if I'm not mistaken, lists will be
shared among servers' server_waiting_queries.

I tested it now about 10 hours, I think it does help a little, thanks very much. I think it is really crucial to raise min_left_sources and good_sources_threshold to values like 950.

Fabian