Re: [Mldonkey-users] No download for some, fulldownloads for theother

From: Stephane Goulet
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] No download for some, fulldownloads for theother
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 17:20:14 -0500

Hi Roland,

-[Cut]-

Whoa! Seems some are lucky with emules! Ok, from previous logs i had seen
here and mine i concluded emules were bad, that must not be the case for
everyone then!

> But, I agree, we have to make the emule-support better. It would be
> great to "clone" an emule in its behaviour (even source propagation).

Emules have some nice features, compression is not very usefull for already
compressed media, but packets/information(sources,etc) compression is good
:)
And i like their source propagation too, asking for aditional sources when
you need them is cleaner then allways sending your sources to anyone wich
requests a file you download, this was nice since the intention was to send
sources to standard edonkeys now that we know it does not work, maybe the
emule way would be better?
Credit system is bad :P That's why it was not implemented for long in
mldonkey.

Feel free to prove me wrong! ;)

-Stéphane