Re: [Mldonkey-users] Investigation: No download for some, full download

From: Alois
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Investigation: No download for some, full downloads for the other
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 14:10:54 +0100

>1) What do you think of this approach ?
>2) Do you know the approaches used in eMule, eDonkey or Overnet ?
>
>Note that we could implement three sets of sets of sources, ie one for
>high priority files, one for normal files, and one for low priority files.
>
>Any comments ?

Hi,
it would be also good to seperate overnet and edonkey sources, maybe
even Emule, MLDonkey and official Edonkey sources. So that you could
have an own connection behaviour for each of the client types. (And you
could say, that you don't want to connect to too many Emules, because
they are not likely to give you too much uploads) And, of course there
should be an extra store for (Emule) sources, that you have already
uploaded to and that are more likely to upload to you.
And yes, I really like the idea of new source management.