Re: [Mldonkey-users] Investigation: No download for some, full download

From: MLdonkey
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Investigation: No download for some, full downloads for the other
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 14:24:37 +0100

>  it would be also good to seperate overnet and edonkey sources, maybe
>  even Emule, MLDonkey and official Edonkey sources. So that you could
>  have an own connection behaviour for each of the client types. (And you
>  could say, that you don't want to connect to too many Emules, because
>  they are not likely to give you too much uploads) And, of course there
>  should be an extra store for (Emule) sources, that you have already
>  uploaded to and that are more likely to upload to you.

OK, so what we need is a function that choose where to put the source
at the end of a connection attempt. It has to determine two parameters
for the next reconnection attempt:
- how long should we wait
- within those other sources that have to wait for the same delay, in
    which priority

Then, we don't need the names for the sources sets anymore, there
would simply be a sorted array, each index being a fifo of sources,
the fifos being sorted by their priority, each fifo containing the
sources that use the same period between reconnections.

When a new slot for a connection is free, we iter on the array to find
the first source that can be connected immediatly.

The function would take into account many different parameters:
- did the connection work or not ?
- did the client contains new chunks for our files ?
- what is the best priority in these files ?
- what kind of client is it ?
- do we have some upload credit on this client ?

Is this better ?

- MLDonkey