[Mldonkey-users] No download for some, fulldownloads for the other

From: Stephane Goulet
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] No download for some, fulldownloads for the other
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 16:28:10 -0500

> Btw: I doubt it will make sense to not connect to emules. We all have
> the same statistics for them: 5% mldonkey, 94% emule, 1% edonkey(bot).
>
> As I already said, mldonkeys are very bad at uploading (divide your
> total uploads / uptime and you'll see the real upload rate, which is
> way NOT max_hard_upload_rate), so .. emules are nearly the only sources
> we'll have (except overnet).

I disagree on this, yes emules are 90%+ of the clients over there they take
80%+ of our uploads, but they send us what? 3-5% of what we get.. We get our
bytes from edonkey(bot or not), some from mldonkey, and used to get lots
from overnet(hope this gets solved soon ;) ).. Connecting to emules is
mostly a waste of time unless maybe you fake being an emule.. :(

Right now i'm quite happy with the introduction of max_emule_slots ;)
Personally i'd love to set it to max_emule_slots == Total downloads.new
eMule.% =)