[Mldonkey-users] Re: FAQ, Patches, Stalled-Forever Downloads, Slowness,

From: Sven Hartge
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Re: FAQ, Patches, Stalled-Forever Downloads, Slowness, Settings
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 13:01:58 +0100

lenny bruce <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Sunday, December 29, 2002, at 08:42  PM, Martin wrote:

>> sum(network_upload) == sum (network_download)
>
> I keep seeing this...
> I assume it means you can only upload what you download

No, this means: The bytes you are downloading have to be uploaded
somewhere else. So, if everybody just leeches, the network will die,
because nobody shares anything.

>> So you cant lose them by deleting some files on your harddisk...  But
>> finally yes: if you also remove you downloads.ini your client_md4
>> will be lost and a new one will be created...then nobody will
>> recognize you as the guy uploading so much...and your credits are
>> lost.
>
> that wasn't clear... and it sort of still isn't.
>
> I thought it was generating the client md4 to indicate what version we
> had (because patches and other things make for probably 20 possible
> versions)

No, the MD4 does not depend on version or whatever, it should be
constant for the whole life of your client.

S°

--
75 Things you don't want to hear from your Sys Admin.
15. Was that your directory?