[Mldonkey-users] Re: I'm really understanding this finally, I think...

From: Sven Hartge
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Re: I'm really understanding this finally, I think...
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 18:03:28 +0100

Klaus Imgrund <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Dec 2002 17:18:07 +0100 Martin <address@hidden> wrote:

>> Sven Hartge wrote...

>>> <commercial break>
>>> Arcor AG offers 1.5down/256up with a flat rate.

> And thats exactly whats killing p2p.

Well, 256kbit/s upstream aren't too bad.

Better than 64down/64up.

And this is one of the few affordable products. If you want an SDSL or
T1/E1 line, you have to pay about 20 times the amount of $money.

If you read carefully, you only find the dreaded power-user whining,
those, who complain, they cannot fill their 1.5mbit line with downloads,
everything below 30kbyte/s is crap, etc.

But, all those, who don't understand the nature of a peer-to-peer
network, read my lips: You cannot get every file at every time at full
speed. This is impossible, even with eMule or $otherclient.

S°

--
BOFH excuse #33:

pizeo-electric interference