Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: FAQ, Patches, Stalled-Forever Downloads, Slown

From: Bigfoot
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: FAQ, Patches, Stalled-Forever Downloads, Slowness, Settings
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 13:59:37 +0100

On Monday 30 December 2002 12:55, Sven Hartge wrote:
> Martin <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> > mldonkey has some issues with not caring about those limits (in
> > current cvs its even worst...)
>
> Humm. I use the 2.02 with all the pango patches and the poll-fix, and if
> I say up:2/down:3, then I exaclty get those values, as I can see on my
> external traffic accounting. No overuse, no line flooding, mldonkey
> behaves as it should, at least for me.
I guess you're not having a lot of downloads going on?

I also use 2.02 with all pango patches(isnt't the poll fix his patch or is it
another trick?) but have a rather large number of files in my download list
and using iptraf it seems like upstream is collapsing again. Occasionally
with a large number of small packets exceeding max_upload_rate * 2. Though
most of the time it hovers around max_upload_rate * 1.5.

I've changed max_sources_per_file to 100
and increased max_clients_per_second to 10

Now I get values around:
Next minute: 908
waiting for breaks: 463

I'm not sure if these numbers are good or what. But they don't seem to be
increasing all the time as they did before.

/Sune