pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Scoring on Message-ID & arbitrary headers

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Scoring on Message-ID & arbitrary headers
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 07:11:17 -0700

On Sat 22 Feb 2003 03:40, Eric Ortega posted as excerpted below:
> On Fri, Feb 21, 2003 at 07:08:02PM -0700, Duncan wrote:
> > I understand that.  It's basically the difference between
> > filters/scoring that
> > can be applied while the body is still on the server, and ones where the
> > entire message must be d/led in ordered to apply the filter/score.
>
> I haven't been following this discussion closely, so please excuse my
> possible ignorance, but is this discussion leading to kiboing the server?

No, rather the opposite (if I get the meaning of kibo, never quite got
kibology, either <g>).

The idea is filtering the overviews, while only they are d/led, vs. filtering
the entire post, after it is d/led.  Thus, it's always the client doing it,
and the only change from doing it manually in the case of having to d/l the
entire post to do it is that the user doesn't have to do it.  IOW, if it
would have gotten d/led b4 the user could figure out that they didn't want to
see it in the current situation, the same would happen with the new header
and body filtering, only it would be d/led and deleted without the user
having to lift a finger, based on the filters, or, as we are now talking,
scoring.  Server side wouldn't change a bit.  Net traffic wouldn't change a
bit.  Only what the user had to manually delete (or otherwise process) would
change.

--
Duncan
Benjamin Franklin