pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] choosing news server

From: David Kelly
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] choosing news server
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 12:38:39 -0500

On Jul 3, 2006, at 6:29 PM, walt wrote:

Thanks. I tried looking for the groups from the other server

Hm.  I don't know what you mean by 'other server'.  If you told pan
about two different servers then pan will use both of them without
any further instructions from you.

In a way that is nice, but in my case I don't always have access to all servers all the time. As a result pan spends a lot of time trying to connect to a server which is not available. Manually adding/ removing this server seems problematic as I know the primary server is missing articles which can be found on the slower fallback server. But if I delete the fallback server how does pan deal with the header cache? Does it matter if I don't intend to download those articles?

--
David Kelly N4HHE, address@hidden