pan-users

[Pan-users] Aggregating servers (was Re: choosing news server)

From: Beartooth
Subject: [Pan-users] Aggregating servers (was Re: choosing news server)
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2006 16:55:14 -0400

On Tue, 04 Jul 2006 12:33:27 -0700, walt wrote:
[...]
> I agree that there are both pluses and minuses to aggregating
> servers.  I'm not at all sure yet that I like it, but I'm trying
> to keep an open mind.
[...]
> Patience will be required ;o)

I tried it when Charles (blessed be his name, now and forevermore!) first
got back to revising Pan again.

I'm sorry to say I found it so contrary to the way I work, that I gave up
entirely, until the new version reaches 1.0 -- which, I hope, I hope
(pretty please with sugar on it?) may make it an option whether to
aggregate them. Is there hope?

I'm not saying it's not a good thing; some of the most intelligent people
I know swear by the Apple interface, too. But I just couldn't work with
it, either; I run Fedora and only Fedora (dot ppc, of course) on the only
Apple machine I have the misfortune to possess.

Both just feel so wrong, somehow, that they keep me from holding my
attention on what I'm trying to do -- forcing me to concentrate on stuff I
don't even want to know about. Not everybody's mind works the same way,
alas!

--
Beartooth Staffwright, Wordcrafty Squirreler
FC5; Pine 4.64, Pan 0.14.2.91; Privoxy 3.0.3; CXO 5.0.1