pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Aggregating servers (was Re: choosing news server)

From: Brad Rogers
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Aggregating servers (was Re: choosing news server)
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 08:29:21 +0100

On Tue, 4 Jul 2006 19:51:07 -0500 (CDT)
"Charles Kerr" <address@hidden> wrote:

Hello Charles,

> Anyway, the idea of having an 'active' server a la 0.14
> is a nonstarter IMO as it conflicts with multiserver downloads.
> I'm happy to hear about specific problems and fixing them with
> refinements to the current scheme, though.

I'd like the ability to select which server(s) are used as per 0.14.x
back.  I use two servers under 0.14 which are, in fact, the same
server, but have different sets of newsgroups.  One set, I read daily,
and automatically download headers and articles.  With the other set of
groups I d/l headers, and only download articles of interest.  The way
that the betas currently operate, and seem to be heading for future
operation, I won't be able to do this without starting different
instances of Pan, using different config files which, currently, seem
also to be unavailable.

--
 Regards  _

Does she always shout at you, does she tell you what to do
Family Life - Sham 69