pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Feedback, Please: sorting threads by date of newest arti

From: Artur Jachacy
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Feedback, Please: sorting threads by date of newest article
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 23:50:20 +0200

Charles Kerr wrote:
In http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/pan-users/2006-07/msg00040.html
I asked for suggestions on user-friendly ways to sort threads by the
date of the thread's newest post, rather than (as Pan does now) by the
date of the thread's oldest post.

But stating it in those clear terms, though, I realized:
I can't think of any /need/ to sort by the oldest post.
Maybe the cleanest fix is that, when sorting by date in the header pane,
threads are *always* sorted by the date of the thread's newest post.
IIRC this is how Thunderbird behaves, too.

Not for me.

Can anyone think of a reason for Pan to /not/ behave that way?

Because that's not how it's been done. That should be reason enough.
How about the order of threads being messed up by a "me too" post sent a week after the thread has died?

Artur

--
Washington, Washington
Six-foot-twenty, fuckin' killing for fun