pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Feedback, Please: sorting threads by date of newest

From: Charles Kerr
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Feedback, Please: sorting threads by date of newest article
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 11:36:04 -0500

Artur Jachacy wrote:

Well that's reason enough for me! UUCP should be good enough for all of
you, with your newfangled NNTP and HTTP and stuff. And man, am I angry
that my ISP turned off telnet in favor of some upstart protocol called
SHH or something....  ;-)

So, I take it you're prepared to list *technical* advantages of sorting by newest article? :-)

Recently, K. Haley has been attaching source code patches to bugzilla
tickets to implement features in Pan.  Bugzilla triggers a followup
message each time a comment or attachment is sent, which is threaded
underneath the original messages that I have further back in my inbox.

If Thunderbird sorted threads the way Pan does, I would never have seen
those patches.

Anyway.  IMO there are clearly enough people who disagree with me that
I'll make it an optional feature. :)