pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Articles Pan Can't Read

From: Steven D'Aprano
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Articles Pan Can't Read
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 22:23:37 +1000

Mark S Bilk wrote:
I posted several articles to alt.test, which KNode can read but Pan can't. I'm using Pan 0.135 from the OpenSuse Linux 11.4 32-bit software repository. My Usenet source is Astraweb.

Hahah! I reported this same thing a few weeks back... search the archives for a post "Empty posts in Pan?" on 21/6/11.

I then reported it to my ISP, who was unable to replicate the fault (or if they could, they wouldn't admit it -- eventually they closed the ticket and told me to report it to Astraweb.

http://helpdesk.astraweb.com/

Here is a report by somebody else experiencing a similar, if not the same, problem:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/python/python/926636#926636

I believe his symptoms are different from mine because we are using different news clients. I'm not entirely sure, but I believe he too is using Astraweb.

Here are some more examples: