pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Articles Pan Can't Read

From: walt
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Articles Pan Can't Read
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 15:11:12 -0700

On 08/09/2011 10:20 PM, Mark S Bilk wrote:
> I posted several articles to alt.test, which KNode can read
> but Pan can't.  I'm using Pan 0.135 from the OpenSuse Linux 11.4
> 32-bit software repository.  My Usenet source is Astraweb.
>
> The five posts in the sequence are similar.  The last one is
> included in its entirety at the end of this message.  Here are
> all the Subject lines:
>
> Subject: mb1
> Subject: Re: mb2
> Subject: Re: mb3
> Subject: Re: mb4
> Subject: Re: mb5 fleeb
>
> Knode can read all of them.  Pan can read 1 and 2, but originally
> could only see the headers of 3, 4, and 5.  It said each of those
> contained over 800 lines.

I'm confused about the number of lines, maybe pan is confused too :)
KNode says the fifth article has 11 lines, but pan says >800 lines?

Where in the pan GUI do you see that number >800 displayed?

If you hit 'S' and save the article as text, does the saved article
differ from the article as displayed in the pan Body Pane?