pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Articles Pan Can't Read

From: Steven D'Aprano
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Articles Pan Can't Read
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 22:30:00 +1000

Mark S Bilk wrote:
On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 10:44:10AM +0200, andreas nastke wrote:
just tried an old 0.119 windows version which happened to be installed
in the office and all five article-bodies are displayed (using giganews)

Thanks! There's a datapoint! I suspected Astraweb, but KNode gets all five article bodies from it with no trouble.

I suspect that if you watch carefully, Knode will initially display the post as "0 lines" in the header pane, but when you click on it, the header will refresh to the correct value.

I've seen the same or similar behaviour with slrn and Thunderbird.

Now if someone can try reading the articles using Pan 0.135 (not from OpenSuse), that should differentiate between (1) a bug in 0.135, and (2) something wrong with the 0.135 build in the OpenSuse repo or with my setup.

Versions 0.131 and 0.132 here.

--
Steven