Re: [Taler] Balance and Transaction List UI

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [Taler] Balance and Transaction List UI
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2020 17:17:19 +0200

On 4/13/20 4:55 PM, belen barros pena wrote:

>     I imagine that most users will only have one balance line and I am not
>     sure opening another page automatically works well here.
>

> Well: it's kind of a common thing to do in order to present to people
> what's relevant, rather than what makes sense based on the application
> structure. It is the way most email applications work on mobile, for
> example. If you only have one email account, when you open the app you
> don't go to the screen with the list of accounts. Since you only have
> the one, they bring you straight to the inbox. If you have more than one
> account, some of them bring you to the inbox of the account you used
> last. If I have only one currency, what's the point of seeing a list of
> currency balances? But again: we can leave this discussion for later.
> Definitely not that important :)

I agree that it is a good idea to 'switch/enable' the multi-currency
balance screen only if there actually are multiple currencies in the
user's wallet. So usually we'd show the balance history of the one true
currency of the user, but once they use a second currency we use the
balance-overview screen as their new 'home' screen and then the
balance-history becomes something they get once they select a currency
(with 'back' bringing them back).

To clarify further: The QR-scan action would then remain active at all
times on both screens.

Also, the settings/hamburger-menu would then only be accessible from
whatever is _actually_ the 'top' right now, so either balance-history
(one currency) or balance-overview (multi-currency). In the
multi-currency case, the balance-history would have a 'back' button
instead of the hamburger.

Sounds good?

-Christian