Re: [Taler] Balance and Transaction List UI

From: Torsten Grote
Subject: Re: [Taler] Balance and Transaction List UI
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2020 14:40:06 -0300

On 2020-04-13 12:17, Christian Grothoff wrote:
> So usually we'd show the balance history of the one true
> currency of the user, but once they use a second currency we use the
> balance-overview screen as their new 'home' screen and then the
> balance-history becomes something they get once they select a currency
> (with 'back' bringing them back).

Implementing this requires some changes and is tricky, so please let's
be sure that this is what we want before I implement it. Also, it would
simplify things if we would continue to stay in multi-currency mode even
if the second currency reaches a zero balance.

> To clarify further: The QR-scan action would then remain active at all
> times on both screens.

That addresses one of the concerns I had with jumping to transactions.

> Also, the settings/hamburger-menu would then only be accessible from
> whatever is _actually_ the 'top' right now, so either balance-history
> (one currency) or balance-overview (multi-currency). In the
> multi-currency case, the balance-history would have a 'back' button
> instead of the hamburger.

That addresses the other concern.

There's one thing I still don't know how to handle:
The current history list includes many other "events" hidden behind a
Show All checkbox such as Exchange Added that are not really transactions.

Should we move those somewhere else? The exchange and auditor related
events could move into a exchange management UI for example.

Should we maybe adapt the wallet-core API to follow this new logical
structure as well?

Do we keep a Show All checkbox in the transaction list? There's exotic
things like OrderRedirected, OrderRefused, PaymentAborted,
FundsDepositedToSelf, ReserveCreated in there right now.
If we want to keep that Show All checkbox, the space in the action bar
might not be sufficient to house an overflow menu icon and a search icon.

Kind Regards,
Torsten