Re: [Tinycc-devel] Re: TCC:cannot find -l"xyz.dll"

From: lostgallifreyan
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Re: TCC:cannot find -l"xyz.dll"
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 18:55:12 +0100

Joshua Phillips <address@hidden> wrote:
(08/04/2009 18:36)

>Drag-and-drop? O_o

Yep, drag and drop. >:) Very useful. Open an 'Explorer' window to browse to
what-have-you, then drag it to a DOS window where it autowrites a path. So long
as those paths work, this is very fast and easy, whether the territory is
familiar or not. I never scorn drag/drop (though I know many do). The way I see
it is: if we're going to use a GUI that offers ways to let motor memory in our
bodies work to speed interaction, then limiting to text interfaces alone is
daft. I love commandlines, but that doesn't mean I want to pass up good stuff
in a GUI for it. This way I get the best of both.

>For case-insensitive comparisons in C, there's strcasecmp (GNU) and stricmp
>(MSVCRT). They're both identical in function, but are non-standard
>extensions.

No generic case comparion OR forcing in C? It's not that minimal, is it? Lua is
based in C, must have been a pig to write if they had to branch to test the
host OS and run different code just to do things as basic as that.