Re: [Tinycc-devel] Re: TCC:cannot find -l"xyz.dll"

From: lostgallifreyan
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Re: TCC:cannot find -l"xyz.dll"
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 16:46:32 +0100

Joshua Phillips <address@hidden> wrote:
(08/04/2009 14:51)

>strcmp definitely does not use regular expressions!

Oh? Never mind, if I remember right there can be strupper() on the incoming
sample of the file extension. Same thing would solve the .def extension case.

>With regards to file.c and file.C, although the Windows filesystem isn't case
>sensitive, the build system (make, or scons, or just running the command
>manually) passes the filenames to the compiler without losing case.

It's already lost, if that DOS 8.3 path convention has been applied to it by
the OS. That's why TCC sees a C when the file is a c. I can fix this in my
copy, soon. I advocate that fix on a general level though. I doubt that many
people really favour C as a C++ file when there are at least FIVE other ways to
specify such files with little risk of ambiguity and typographical error.
Comparing what GCC's man page says for C, C++ and Fortran, the naming
conventions are a mess anyway, so I think this is a step toward being clearer.