Re: [Tinycc-devel] modern c++ compiler written in C

From: Anaël Seghezzi
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] modern c++ compiler written in C
Date: Fri, 15 May 2015 11:15:27 +0200

Personally I don't see converting C++ to C as practical or realistic, just
because of the complexity of modern c++.

To have, lets say, a C++11 to C99 compiler would require a huge and complex
compiler, it might even require something like clang, so why use TCC as a
back-end ?
Selecting only a subset of c++ features is almost like designing another
language, modern code base won't compile on it.
It's probably saner to use (or design) another language than c++ to compile to
C.

Anaël.