Re: [Traverso-devel] Fades: keys and behaviour

From: Remon
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] Fades: keys and behaviour
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 00:43:56 +0100

> > Sounds to me like we want something like a mouse sensitivity paramater,
> > right ?
> >
> > Heh, you guys need to think more.... flexible :-)
>
> Haven't we discussed this already years ago ;-) ? Switching the mouse into
> a fast mode and a slow mode sounds familiar to me.

Hmmm, yeah, must be some time ago, lets see... some 35 years ago, yes
indeed :)

But back then, it would be a hack to propagate mouse buttons to toggle mouse
sensitiviness, now you can do it with any key/button/wheel by means of adding
an entry (or multiple) in the keymap file.

> > What about [ F ] for fade in /out (or [ FG ] and [ GH] if you like that
> > more)
> > with a sensible default, either 1 pixel, or 0.8 pixel or ..., and using a
> > modifier key (or mouse button) to toggle this factor to something
> > larger/smaller ?
>
> Sounds (still) good. The modifier key should be valid for all drag actions,
> so something like shift or ctrl would be ideal IMO. Both are also
> accessible with one hand on the right side of the keyboard (thinking of
> panorama [P]). It wouldn't be a problem for [D], [E], [F], [G] anyway.

It's all up to you to choose the one that fit's best :)

Ah, and indeed, would be good to have it for all drag actions.

Greetz,