Re: [VM] VM is awesome (was vm-save-buffer)

From: Yeechang Lee
Subject: Re: [VM] VM is awesome (was vm-save-buffer)
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2015 15:03:01 -0800

John Stoffel <address@hidden> says:
> I've got over 2500 mail folders, some with over 2000 messages from
> the past 20+ years.  VM is plenty fast, easy to search with (though
> I admit I do NOT do virtual folders at all...)

I, too, have been using VM for more than 20 years, and only began
using virtual folders this year. It's the best way to search.

V C [field you want to search] [text to search for]

shows you all messages that match in a virtual
folder. vm-virtual-mirror is, I believe, set by default to t so
changes made in the virtual folder will be reflected in reality.

--
Yeechang Lee <address@hidden> | San Francisco