[Adonthell-general] Sects and Factions

From: Andrew Michael Phillips
Subject: [Adonthell-general] Sects and Factions
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 11:39:55 -0500 (CDT)

One of the main classifications of factions that I've come across is the
religious sect. I've outlined the major objects of worship for each race,
but I realized that before I can give names to these priestly orders, I
should probably give names to their gods. As yet, I have only titles for
the Mighty. Eventually, I'm going to have to name them all one way or
another, but for now my question is as follows: We've established that the
Dwarvish folk aren't terribly religious, so are they at all religious? Do
I need to think about priestly orders for the Dwarvish folk? I've already
kept their list of deities to a bare minimum.

I'm making more progress on the non-ecclesiastical groups - Rangers,
Alchemists, Half-Elvish shamanic traditions, etc. I have little more than
names for most of them, but that can change. In this area, the main
problem I've come across is the Elvish schools of magic. Any suggestions
would be appreciated, since I'm not sure how many to make, what they
should do, or even what to call them.

Andrew

--
All that is gold does not glitter,