Re: [Adonthell-general] Windows binary

From: Sasha Kushnirenko
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Windows binary
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 16:41:29 +0400

Hi, Alex!

This is a small progress report (I'm not sure if this belongs to
adonthell-general, please redirect it if need be)

> > Which makes me wonder: did you compile with --enable-py-debug, Alex?
> > At least this one looks like a python error. Could also mean that it
> > just couldn't find the init.py file.

1. COMMENT: Python debug flags.  They may be not of much help here  (Please
correct if I'm wrong).  I have compiled with this flag and amount of
information in stderr did not change.  But we have 2 useful environment
variables:
PYTHONVERBOSE - additional into to stderr
PYTHONDEBUG - debug information.

2. NEED: Windows binary have only *.pyc files.  Could you please include
*.py They would be helpful for pinning down possible problems.

3. PROGRESS: MinGW compilation in Windoze. This may give you a hint of what
on the the problems might be, but it can be completely unrellated to what
you do. Here I was trying to use executable that I compiled under MinGW
environment.

Using $PYTHONVERBOSE I found out where game is looking for python modules
in M$ world. Indeed message "exec_file init load failed" was because of
wrong pathes.

Once I got there I started to comment different lines in file "init.py" (I'm
completely blind in adonthell code) and found out that program crashed in
lines:

        # -- The themes and fonts we'll use
        win_manager_add_theme ("original")
        win_manager_add_theme ("silverleaf")

My understading is that this is some message to Windows Manager (or else?)
If you turn them off program "runs" but there is just a thin line of
something brownish in the middle of the screen which fades in and then fades
out (remnants of the bag?). But man I was glad to see that :)

Hope it helps,
Sasha.