Re: [Adonthell-general] Windows binary

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Windows binary
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 17:02:31 +0200

On Fri, 30 Aug 2002 16:41:29 +0400 Sasha Kushnirenko wrote:

> Hi, Alex!
>
> This is a small progress report (I'm not sure if this belongs to
> adonthell-general, please redirect it if need be)

Btw, Sasha: which version are you using to compile? AFAIK, the
'official' packages had problems with loading python files, because we
had no proper module tree. This is fixed in CVS though. Maybe you'll
have more luck if you try the CVS code. See

    http://adonthell.linuxgames.com/development/cvs.shtml

for the details.

> Once I got there I started to comment different lines in file
> "init.py" (I'm completely blind in adonthell code) and found out that
> program crashed in lines:
>
>         # -- The themes and fonts we'll use
>         win_manager_add_theme ("original")
>         win_manager_add_theme ("silverleaf")
>
> My understading is that this is some message to Windows Manager (or
> else?)

Those two lines load the window system graphics (borders, backgrounds
and such). That might indicate a problem with the image loading code.
Again, the CVS version might have some changes already. So would be cool

if you could get that to compile.