Re: [Adonthell-general] Windows binary

From: Sasha Kushnirenko
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Windows binary
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 11:48:58 +0400

Hi, Alex!

It does not run for me (tried Win95/Win98).  If I start it from Msys (Bash
for Win32) I get the file stderr.out which says:
exec_file: init load
failed: Fatal signal: Segmentation Fault (SDL Paraschute deployed)

Actually I was trying for a while to build adonthell-0.3.1 for Windows. I
have an executable which can list the games and print help message (great
isn't it :) I'm getting the same error message which may be due to some
other reason.

If this is of any interest here is th path that I took:
Platform: Win98
Compiler: mingw
Bash/utils: msys
python2.2.a: library converted from python22.dll with dlltool
zlib: compiled with MinGW
SDL-1.2.3: compiled with MinGW
ogg/vorbis: none

Next step for me would be to turn on all debugging flags in both adonthell
and SDL. I also tried to do cross-compilation.  But on this path I only got
to working SDL example (not much actually - just following SDL instructions)

If this is of any use for you at this point - I think I can try to help you
with Windows port (though I might have seen only the tip of the iceberg of
REAL problems that are hidden there).

Sasha.