Re: [Adonthell-general] Windows binary

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Windows binary
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 11:19:30 +0200

On Thu, 29 Aug 2002 11:48:58 +0400 Sasha Kushnirenko wrote:

> Hi, Alex!
>
> It does not run for me (tried Win95/Win98).  If I start it from Msys
> (Bash for Win32) I get the file stderr.out which says:
> exec_file: init load
> failed: Fatal signal: Segmentation Fault (SDL Paraschute deployed)

Which makes me wonder: did you compile with --enable-py-debug, Alex? At
least this one looks like a python error. Could also mean that it just
couldn't find the init.py file.

> If this is of any use for you at this point - I think I can try to
> help you with Windows port (though I might have seen only the tip of
> the iceberg of REAL problems that are hidden there).

That would be great. Given that Alex can produce binaries, but can't
test them (except with wine), while I didn't even manage to compile SDL
with cygwin. I guess Alex can fill you in with the details.