Re: [Adonthell-general] Windows binary

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Windows binary
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 22:42:23 +0200

On Wed, 28 Aug 2002 14:55:19 -0400 ZhayTee wrote:

> Ueh? Ueh. It doesn't run for me. In fact, nothing gets written to
> stdout or stderr at all. I suspect this has to do with hardcoded paths
> or something. So I went to a command prompt and ran "adonthell
> wastesedge," which brought up a 640x480 window for a moment, and then
> died without sending anything to stderr.

Same here: after creating a link that would launch 'adonthell
wastesedge', I only got a black window for a second and then a crash.
stderr and stdout were empty. When looking at the data directory, I
found the init and main_menu scripts compiled, so at least it managed to
load those. I tried in both 640x480 and 320x240 mode, but it didn't make
a difference.

I tried to debug with cygwin/gdb, but after the segfault, everything
froze and all I could do was rebooting. So no backtrace, I fear.