lout-users

Re: Lout website

From: Greg A. Woods
Subject: Re: Lout website
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 14:43:22 -0400 (EDT)

[ On Wednesday, July 30, 2003 at 01:43:31 (+0800), K. H. Man wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: Lout website
>
> Looks very nice on Mozilla... :-) Great work!

Actually it doesn't look very nice at all with my Mozilla on a display
with only 256 colours.  The text is almost invisible in the silly
navigation bar.

and I agree with whomever said it:  the fonts are too small by default.

You should never try to explicitly control the font size directly in
HTML -- just use relational changes (+1, -1), and then if and only if
absolutely necessary.

Personally I don't very much like web pages that try to specify the
style (colour, underlining, etc.) of text used for links either --
that's my browser's job.

--
                                                Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098                  VE3TCP            RoboHack <address@hidden>