lout-users

Re: Lout website

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Lout website
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 11:31:56 +0200

Hi,

On Wed, Jul 30, 2003 at 01:43:31AM +0800, K. H. Man wrote:
> I wonder if anyone's managed to convert the 3.28 docs to PDF
> with textures using something other than Ghostscript? It would
> allow Sébastien to update the documents to 3.28.

Yes.  GNU Ghostscript 7.05 does not have any problem with textures.
However, there are still several issues with the ps2pdf generated PDF
files:

*  the upper margin seems to be smaller in the PDF file than in the
   original PS file (this may be a GS problem but this doesn't happen
   e.g. with LaTeX generated PS files);

*  ligatures seem to be broken (e.g. something like `fi' produces
   overlapping letters followed by a white space);

*  @Diag nodes that use the `translate' option produce weird things in
   the PDF output when watched with xpdf: each such node gets displayed
   twice, once where expected and once somewhere else on the page;
   other PDF viewers display the same weird things.

I'm not sure whether these are all Ghostscript bugs.  Does anyone have
any idea on why this happens with Lout PS files and not with most other
PS files?

Thanks,
Ludovic.