lout-users

Re: Formatting DocBookXML with Lout / Latin-1 and Latin-2

From: Michael Piotrowski
Subject: Re: Formatting DocBookXML with Lout / Latin-1 and Latin-2
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 12:25:38 +0200

Hi,

On 2008-04-17, address@hidden (Ludovic Courtès) wrote:

>> But in my case (I'm using the Times font family), the hint that I got
>> from Michael Piotrowksi in the meantime seems to work quite well,
>> while being much simpler by several dimensions:
>>
>> Putting
>>
>> @SysInclude {latin2}
>>
>> at the document beginning and then writing, e.g.,
>>
>> {TimesCE Base} @Font address@hidden ccaron}ek}
>>
>> to produce the (Czech) name for the CARON that here combines with the c.
>
> Nice!  Michael: can you post it here?  I'm curious.

Well, when Yves asked me, I also started describing how to set up new
fonts with Latin 2 encoding for Lout, but then I discovered that Lout
now (I don't know since when, but definitely 3.36) already comes with
all the necessary definitions.

Thus, if you are using the Base 14 fonts, you can simply use Latin 2
characters as described above--that's all :-)

Greetings

--
Michael Piotrowski, M.A.                               <address@hidden>
Public key at <http://www.dynalabs.de/mxp/pubkey.txt> (ID 0x1614A044)