Re: now 2.7.1ac-0.36 (was Re: LYNX-DEV Request) (fwd)

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: now 2.7.1ac-0.36 (was Re: LYNX-DEV Request) (fwd)
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 1997 17:41:29 -0500 (CDT)

On Sat, 19 Jul 1997, T.E.Dickey wrote:
[kw:]
> > "BORDER" means: (with BOXHORI and BOXVERT set to 0")
> > In the place where the box line-drawing characters should be,
> > I get y-umlaut characters (character 255, hex FF) on the screen.
> where's the executable? - so I can try it

/new3/kweide/lynx2-7-1accur/lynx

> > (Speculation: the system curses on sol doesn't understand the
> > binary format of the /usr/local/lib/l/linux terminfo file.)
> I don't _think_ so, but there's always the possibility of bugs.

The terminfo file for linux is using different stuff for acs_chars (chars
from the upper half, and '\033[11m' for enter_alt_charset_mode), maybe
the solaris curses doesn't want that?

> I can try running this stuff from xterm (which will do box characters).
> I tried that with seyon last week - there's some problems remaining though,
> with getting the screen reset, so I'm still doing my dial-ins with minicom.
>
> > I hope Tom will look into this (and make things work not just with
> > ncurses 4.x).  I am not sending the terminfo files since Tom has
> > acces to the same ones I am using.

> um.  I can't _fix_ the colors in 1.9.9e, since it's combining foreground
> and background colors incorrectly (by OR'ing rather than setting bits).

(You know you are excluding what's probably the most-widely used ncurses
at least for linux. - I haven't actually tested how the recent code
works with that now.  Anyway, non-color should work with it, and they
can use slang...)

But the solaris curses is a different story, color should work on that,
and it should work with ncurses 4.1 terminfo files, right?

   Klaus

;
;