Re: LYNX-DEV: "user Agent: mozilla 3.0 compatible" no-workee

From: Jan Hlavacek
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV: "user Agent: mozilla 3.0 compatible" no-workee
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 03:18:38 -0500

On Sun, Jan 18, 1998 at 06:38:05PM -0800, David Combs wrote:
> In these situations, is it ALWAYS the RIGHT frame we want
> to try first?

Lot of times people have navigation bar or table of content in the left
frame and the actual content in the right one,  but not always.

> And, just what IS this RIGHT, LEFT, etc stuff?

They are braindead names lot of web authors give to their frames (guess
it is still not as bad as frame1,  frame2 and so on).  Better names
would be navigation,  tableofcontent,  main, banner and so on.

I don't understand why frames don't have alt atributes like images.
Lynx could use those alt texts instead of cryptic frame names when
provided.

--
Jan Hlav\'{a}\v{c}ek
address@hidden  (Blind Carbon Copies will bounce)