Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.1pre.8

From: brian j. pardy
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.1pre.8
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1998 08:52:37 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 5 Oct 1998, Philip Webb wrote:

> 981004 Thomas Dickey wrote:
> > So our status (things not completed):
> >   + Bela is investigating a problem which may be due to NSL_FORK
> >   + Al is working on some more documentation (or did I get all of that?)
>
> i know TD wants to get 2-8-1 completed, but there are further small items:
>
> (1) quick'n'easy, mainly in  lynx.cfg :
>   (a) defaults need to be stated for `verbose' & `KB';
>   (b) GOTOBUFFER & JUMPBUFFER should default to TRUE;
>   (c) QUIT_DEFAULT_YES should default to FALSE
>       (i leave COLLAPSE_BR_TAGS to TD without pressing it);
>   (d) can we follow LP's proposal re Line Edit Style,
>       ie comment it out in Options Menu & delete from Options Help?
>
> (2) bits of programming, maybe best left till 2-8-2:
>   (a) it is irritating to be asked to confirm  > 4 pp  on the print screen;
>   (b) DEFAULT_KEYPAD_MODE = LINKS_AND_FORM_FIELDS_ARE_NUMBERED
>       is not settable from  lynx.cfg , only from  userdefs.h  &  Options .
>
> (3) bugs, perhaps not widely enough encountered to hold up 2-8-1:
>   (a) the Option Form refuses to write the new options to disk
>       if  .lynxrc  already exists: i sent in a trace without response;
>   (b) i encountered  2  core dumps when 2-8-1pre.6 was redrawing the screen
>       after i had called up a page with Left/Right Arrow.

To add to this list:

(4) cookies, probably important enough to hold up 2.8.1
  (a) cookies are stored in memory in reverse order than they appear in
      the cookie file, and then re-written in reverse order. I've taken
      quick looks around and can't see where this is happening. This causes
      problems where cookies are sent to the remote server in the wrong
      order.

--
GPG & PGP public keys: <URL:http://www.psnw.com/~posterkid/keys/>
PGP fingerprint: 42 57 B3 D2 39 8E 74 C3  5E 4D AC 43 25 D2 26 D4