Re: lynx-dev Re: lynx should respect LANG

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: lynx should respect LANG
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 13:03:50 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 24 May 2000, Vlad Harchev wrote:

>  As for original topic - I think that the wrapper will do it much better (it
> would be much flexible) than coding it into lynx. I also think that it would
> be nice to provide some kind of support for russian users too (to don't bias
> to JP only).

Not that my proposal was not in any way specific to Japanese.  It should
work equally well for Russian, given appropriate environment variable
setup (which is already needed anyway, for other programs / for NLS).

It's much more likely that a "do it only in a wrapper" solution, like
the Debian-JP one, will be severly limited to one of a few languages/
character sets.

>  As for another proposal - the setting like
> MIMIC_COMMON_BROWSER:TRUE/FALSE would be nice (or some functionality
> achievable via wrapper). When this is activated, it should be equal to
> injecting the following definitions to lynx.cfg:
>       COLLAPSE_BR_TAGS:FALSE
>       FORCE_EMPTY_HREFLESS_A:TRUE    [...]

Now *that* should be relegated to a wrapper, if you really want it.
Or just distribute a modified lynx.cfg.

   JKlaus