Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: [ANNOUNCE] monotone 0.21 released

From: Derek Scherger
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: [ANNOUNCE] monotone 0.21 released
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 21:35:23 -0600

Peter Simons wrote:
> Nathaniel Smith writes:
>
>  > Other improvements include the addition of --exclude and
>  > --set-default options to netsync commands [...].
>
> Great, thank you.
>
> There is just one problem. When you "sync" a number of
> branches which contain an --excluded one too, then monotone
> will abort with an error:
>
>   protocol error while processing peer localhost:
>     'received network error: access to branch 'foo.bar' denied by server
>
> That behavior forces you to specify all --excluded branches
> on the command line every time you sync, and that's pretty
> uncomfortable. (Default patterns don't help me when I have
> to sync to different servers with different configurations.)
>
> Would it be possible to have monotone just ignore the
> branches in question? Possibly after issuing a warning, like
> previous versions did?

random thought, prompted by the fact that I don't know whether the
--exclude value is persisted as a db var... would

MT/netsync/server
MT/netsync/include
MT/netsync/exclude

be a better place than the database for the defaults (i.e. current db vars)?

I've run into at least one case where I have two separate projects in
one db (for no particular good reason) and the defaults only make sense
for one of them.

Cheers,
Derek