[Monotone-devel] Re: [ANNOUNCE] monotone 0.21 released

From: Peter Simons
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: [ANNOUNCE] monotone 0.21 released
Date: 18 Jul 2005 12:22:05 +0200

Nathaniel Smith writes:

 > Other improvements include the addition of --exclude and
 > --set-default options to netsync commands [...].

Great, thank you.

There is just one problem. When you "sync" a number of
branches which contain an --excluded one too, then monotone
will abort with an error:

  protocol error while processing peer localhost:
    'received network error: access to branch 'foo.bar' denied by server

That behavior forces you to specify all --excluded branches
on the command line every time you sync, and that's pretty
uncomfortable. (Default patterns don't help me when I have
to sync to different servers with different configurations.)

Would it be possible to have monotone just ignore the
branches in question? Possibly after issuing a warning, like
previous versions did?

Peter