[Monotone-devel] Re: netsync and --exclude

From: Peter Simons
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: netsync and --exclude
Date: 22 Jul 2005 17:06:51 +0200

Richard Levitte writes:

 > I have only one server right now, and I still use monotone.

Well, my point wasn't that everybody should have as many Netsync
servers as possible -- my point is that the very reason why
Monotone is superior to other version control systems is the fact
that it is _possible_ to synchronize between several distinct
servers. I thought Monotone was intentionally designed that way,
so I thought it is odd to be surprised that people actually use
that feature. It feels particularly odd if you think about how
the contents of the mildly popular branch "net.venge.monotone" is
developed.

Peter