Re: [Monotone-devel] netsync and --exclude

From: Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] netsync and --exclude
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 16:15:12 +0200 (CEST)

In message <address@hidden> on 21 Jul 2005 12:31:19 +0200, Peter Simons
<address@hidden> said:

simons>  > Why do you have lots of servers?
simons>
simons> Now I am confused.

Yes, I think you are :-).

simons> Why would I use Monotone if I _hadn't_ lots of different
simons> servers? If I had only one, I'd be using Subversion, right?
simons> ;-)

I have only one server right now, and I still use monotone.  One of
the main reasons for me is that the database is distributed, and I can
therefore commit changes on my laptop at any time, and push the
changes to my server later.  So the primary value for me is the
distributed repository, not the possibility to have several
synchronising server.  I regard the latter as a valuable bonus, but
still just a bonus.  Subversion can't give me distributed
repositories, as far as I know...

Cheers,
Richard

                                        http://richard.levitte.org/