Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Inconsistency in loading/saving .el files

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Inconsistency in loading/saving .el files
Date: Sat, 10 May 2008 14:08:52 +0200

* Pierre Lorenzon (2008-05-04) writes:

> Anyway I did not make something so big but a small patch
> applyable to tex.el and implementing a local option. If you
> consider it useful enough you can include it in the current cvs
> version.
[...]
> -          (file
> -           (if (or (file-exists-p local-el)
> -                   (y-or-n-p (format "save in %s "
> -                                     local-el)))

I don't think it is a good idea to bother the user with questions
related to internals of the style system.  Either we do it one way or
the other.

Unfortunately I'm lacking the time to check the implications of the
change and I am afraid it might break something in the style system.
Usually the auto file of the master file will also load the auto files
of the slave files.  Would this still be possible?

In any case, I'm currently not comfortable with changing stuff in the
style system unless we are dealing with an actual bug.  Of course, if
you want to take care of improving and maintaining the style system,
i.e. committing yourself to working on AUCTeX, this is a different
story.