Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Style system Was: Inconsistency in loading/saving .el

From: Pierre Lorenzon
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Style system Was: Inconsistency in loading/saving .el files
Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 22:03:08 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Ralf,

From: Ralf Angeli <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Style system Was: Inconsistency in loading/saving
.el files
Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 19:02:52 +0200

> I can tell you now that at least for me it is definitely not
> acceptable.

  That absolutely clear !!!

> The code in AUCTeX should be easily maintainable by anyone familiar with
> plain Emacs Lisp.  Having to learn the workings of something
> like eieio

  If this is requested by the project so I do agree !!!

> would add another barrier for understanding the code.

  Hum the latter might be infinitely be discussed since in my
  opinion a object oriented code is more understandable that a
  none but this is clearly out of the scope of our present
  discussion and moreover it is maybe only my opinion.

> You haven't explained for what purpose you need and object-oriented
> approach.  If it is only for data structures you could use
> plists.

  Sure I could but it is not so comfortable for me ! Anyway if
  I want to contribute to a project I have to follow the scope
  of the project and not only my own opinion !

> Wouldn't this suffice?

  Certainly !

  Regards

  Pierre